Sunday, April 12, 2009

So far, So good

So far, So good., September 25, 2008
By R. Bain - See all my reviews


Usually I do not take the time, but I felt obliged to write a review for this camera. That's because canon powershot sd780is took me so long to decide which one to buy. I am a point and shoot type of person with a side of "wanna-a-be" photographer. So, I wanted a camera with perks but easy to use. So far I really like this camera. My old one was a Nikon cool pix.I liked canon powershot sd780is well enough, though canon powershot sd780is was a gift so not personally choosen. Anyway, I dropped that one in the river. I really wanted a canon but was concerned about the lense errors I had read about. I think camera's just something you have to stay conscience of. I bought a case and I haven't had any problems. As far as picture quality, it's pretty sweet. I love the macro mode for close ups of bees and flowers and hummingbirds. However, canon powershot sd780is works great for regular pictures too. You can set canon powershot sd780is to where canon powershot sd780is makes chirping noises or barking when you shoot which is funny for kids. Also the video is really good. canon powershot sd780is only had 3x optical zoom which is another reason why I hesitated. But, I haven't found I miss canon powershot sd780is for how compact the camera is. Even with the case canon camera powershot sd780is fits in my purse good. I would advise you use the wrist camera strap always b/c canon powershot sd780is is small and could slip out of your hands and then you would probably bump the lense and get the lense error. I got the blue one and I love the color - makes canon powershot sd780is easy to know it's mine cause most people have silver. Oh yeah, I really like the different settings. canon powershot sd780is has a sunset, beach, foilage, snow, action, black and white, sepia tone, etc. I use the sunset setting every night to take a different picture of my lake sunset and it's beautiful. I've found the battery life is fine, especially if you use the view finder instead of the screen. The Nikon I had before came with a dock and tons of cords to charge it. This one has a battery-only dock the gets plugged directly in the electrical socket. Way better for everday use and trips. I've only had to charge canon powershot sd780is once so far and it's been over a month. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend it. Especially because canon powershot sd780is was at a competitor for $50 more.***I almost forgot: in order to view your pictures on the camera the switch must be set to view mode. If you are concerned about the camera turning on in your purse, turn canon powershot sd780is to this mode and then push the power button off. Then, if canon powershot sd780is gets turned on accidentally, the lense will not come out b/c canon powershot sd780is is in view mode! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment