Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fun little camera!,

Fun little camera!, March 12, 2008
By Swedishwonderchild (God's Country, MN) - See all my reviews

I am definitely an amateur, not as savvy a user as canon powershot sd780is sounds like a lot of the other reviewers are. But, from the other extreme of "photographer-smartness", this is a great little camera to use. It's easy, yet has a lot of functionality, which the user guide manages to clearly explain. I needed something very small, which canon powershot sd780is is, that takes awesome pictures, which canon powershot sd780is does. Battery life seems very good, so far. My husband likes the manly brown color, too. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comment



22 of 23 people found the following review helpful:
So good, my head exploded, March 28, 2008
By Gordon Ewasiuk (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews

(NOTE: I've had the camera for two days.)

This camera is nothing short of amazing. something First, the size. canon powershot sd780is literally fits in your hand! The size means the camera can slip into a shirt pocket and go ANYWHERE. I wear an orange safety vest at work and this camera fits neatly into a pocket. In the two days I've had this camera, I've taken almost 150 pictures! Entirely due to the size of the camera. canon powershot sd780is goes everywhere with me now.

Features? How did Canon pack so much into such a tiny package? The controls are intuitive and easy to use. Most people won't crack the manual until they start taking more advanced shots. For the rookie (read: me), this camera is a true point-and-shoot. The optical image stabilization is wonderful and works like a champ. The 8MP pictures look HUGE. There are two different zoom modes on this camera. A 3x regular zoom plus another 6-7x optical.

The battery for this camera charged in less than something 90mins. Camera came with a 32MB SD card which goes very fast at 8MP. Still, the fact that Canon included one at all speaks volumes about the company. Lots of accessories are available too.

There are a bunch of more advanced features that I can't speak about. Different shooting modes, ISO settings, and other neat things. There is even a movie mode!

Images look great to this untrained eye. Your mileage will vary.

Highly recommend for people who just want to take lots and lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment