Sunday, April 12, 2009

Delivered results, easy to use

Delivered results, easy to use, April 20, 2008
By Lynn H. Pierson "LHPierson,PhD." (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews


I bought the camera just 3 days before leaving for Spain. The directions were adequate and the camera is really easy to use. I not only shot photos on automatic but used the night and color options, as well as did a few movies. The software was essential because I prefer more contrast to my photos and the software allowed me to customize the images as I liked.

It was not clear to me on Amazon that the camera came with a recharger (it did) so I purchased a recharger. Turned out that was smart because canon powershot sd780is came with a European electrical outlet adapter that I used in Spain. I also purchased a 4G memory card. I took 535 photos and 5 movies, and there seems to be more room.

For it's size (I carried the camera in my front pants pocket) canon powershot sd780is takes amazing pictures. I definitely recommend the camera. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comment



17 of 18 people found the following review helpful:
A great compact P&S camera!, April 9, 2008
By D. E. Richards "image pro" (geneva, il) - See all my reviews


Got the PS SD1100IS to replace an older camera Canon digital. This is a big improvement since the other was about 3 years old, and tho canon powershot sd780is took great shots canon powershot sd780is was bulky and sometimes had a maddening delay when trying to shoot portraits. This new camera is much more compact, takes great pictures that download faster and is a joy to use. DIS was important to me and I am still testing this; but so far canon powershot sd780is seems to be an improvement over the older stabilization technology. I got about 200 shots before needing to recharge, and charging time is quick. canon powershot sd780is will still delay a little when shooting under low light conditions, but that is the nature of digital photography. And canon powershot sd780is has less flexible capabilities for manually making your own settings; but overall I am very pleased to have this sophisticated little camera that can go anywhere. canon powershot sd780is is smaller so you have to pay attention where you leave it! You will need to get a decent bag for canon powershot sd780is that straps to your belt or goes over your neck. Also will need a larger memory card. The ordering camera process went very smoothly and there were no surprises. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comment



36 of 43 people found the following review helpful:
Lens Error within 3 Weeks, July 13, 2008
By James Lomas (San Diego, ca) - See all my reviews


This was a great camera--until canon powershot sd780is stopped working completely within 3 weeks. There was no 'incident' or warning... but half an hour after making some movies, I went to turn the camera on and I got the message "Lens Error, Restart Camera." I've tried everything, and I can't even retrieve the photos onto my computer.

So even though I expect Canon to replace this camera, since I bought canon powershot sd780is for a trip and can't take any photos, I am really bummed that canon powershot sd780is stopped working. I think they must have been using a cheaper manufacturing process, and we are all paying for it. I've used Canon products for years, and I support the company... but I strongly recommend getting a more reliable camera than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment