Sunday, April 12, 2009

I gave this camera a shot and canon powershot sd780is failed me

I gave this camera a shot and canon powershot sd780is failed me, October 11, 2008
By Henry Y. Ho - See all my reviews


I bought this camera to be used for an convention and during the convention canon powershot sd780is has gotten the fatal lens error problem. I have only had this camera for about 5 weeks and hopefully amazon will replace canon powershot sd780is or Canon will cover canon powershot sd780is in warranty. I really thought this fatal lens problem wasn't a problem but canon powershot sd780is is. I hope I get a new one and sadly enough I cannot take pictures for this convention I am at. I suggest stay away from this product. I will change my review if things are fixed.

edit: Called up Canon and they were very helpful. They took a look at canon powershot sd780is and repaired canon powershot sd780is free of charge so canon powershot sd780is ended up only costing me the shipping cost which was about 12bucks with insurance/confirmation. Would rate 3 stars now due to good support and decent camera but known faulty issue should be considered in buying this camera. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comments (3)



13 of 14 people found the following review helpful:
Serious Autofocus Problem, January 3, 2009
By Don65 - See all my reviews

The SD1100 IS is my fourth Digital Elph camera. The previous three have been wonderful cameras. The SD1100 IS is not a good camera. canon powershot sd780is has serious autofocus problems. The autofocus in flash mode is not reliable. Approximately 20% of the photos taken with flash are out-of-focus. I have pictures taken on a tripod, with flash in which not a single object within the photoframe is in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment